Fiber Laser Scientist/Engineer
Department: Engineering – Ronkonkoma, NY, United States
Job Description: Develop next-generation fiber laser products in a fast-growing, vertically integrated company. Take products from concept phase through prototypes to product release as a core member of a development team.
- Major contributor or team leader of a cross-functional development teams to deliver innovative laser products.
- Apply theoretical and experimental understanding of lasers, optics, and nonlinear frequency conversion to develop commercial fiber lasers
- Design and develop fiber laser systems and critical components, including seed lasers, amplifiers, opto-mechanical systems, and frequency conversion modules.
- MS or PhD (preferred) in an engineering discipline, Physics, or equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience with development of fiber and/or solid state lasers and amplifiers, optics, and/or opto-mechanical systems.
- Hands on experience in fiber optics and free-space optics instruments: such as optical spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, power meter, autocorrelator, and other high speed optoelectronic instruments.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, including problem identification, data analysis, action planning, and execution.
- Strong theoretical and experimental analysis of lasers, optics, nonlinear effect and harmonic generation.
- Fiber laser system design (especially large mode area fiber, PCF etc) and modeling including practical considerations (manufacturability, serviceability, and reliability) is desirable.
- Fiber Laser industry experience is desirable.
- Ability to summarize and present results and conclusions clearly and effectively.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and education level.
- Advanced Optowave Corp offers benefits that include medical insurance and a retirement plan.
- Compensation may be complemented by bonuses based on individual performance & company growth.
About Us: Advanced Optowave Corporation is one of the leading manufacturers of Diode-Pumped Solid-State lasers for industrial, medical and consumer applications with state-of-the-art design and production facilities located in Long Island, NY. To meet the growing demand, we are recruiting a laser scientist for R&D, preferred to have fiber optics or fiber laser experience.
Contact Advanced Optowave:
105 Comac Street, Ronkokoma, NY 11779
AOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.