VPIphotonics, premier provider of professional simulation software and design services for integrated photonics and fiber optics applications, as well as optical transmission system and network applications, is offering a position in US Solutions Center.
With a worldwide customer base spanning the whole telecommunications industry, VPIphotonics is seeking the talents of an Optical Applications Engineer, with an emphasis on photonic integrated circuits and devices, to mainly help service the Americas region.
The successful candidate will provide technical applications support for VPIphotonics products. This will include:
- Technical assistance in the use of our simulation tools in customer specific applications; particularly device and circuit modeling of individual components as well as subsystems
- Help with Licensing and resolving installation issues encountered by users
- Along with a team of others, provide consulting services using VPiphotonics products
- Provide presales technical support, training and web-based seminars for existing customers
- Participate in our continuing product development efforts
While support is provided to our worldwide customer base, this position is based in the Boston area.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS degree with focus on a photonics related field is
- Familiarity with aspects of photonics and optical communications is This includes optical devices, photonic circuits, WDM systems, amplifiers, fiber, receivers and electronics.
- Good working knowledge of Windows operating systems is
- Application knowledge of VPIphotonics design tools is a
- Programming experience using Python or Matlab is a
Further, we envision that the successful candidate will have
- Strong analytical & problem solving abilities
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Solid people skills, ability to work in a team
- Strong customer service orientation
This is a genuine rare opportunity to work alongside global equipment manufacturers, service providers and research institutes. VPiphotonics will provide comprehensive product training, in addition to an exciting & rewarding international career path, to the successful candidate. This position is based in our US Solutions Center near Boston, MA. Occasional traveling is required.
Salary will be negotiated depending on a candidate’s qualifications and experience. If you would Like to be considered, please send your resume by May 1, 2015 to jobsUS@VPIphotonics.com.
VPiphotonics sets the industry standard for end-to-end photonic design automation comprising design, analysis and optimization of components, systems and networks. We provide professional simulation software and professional consulting services. Our award-winning solutions are used extensively in research and development, and by product design and marketing teams at hundreds of corporations and at over 160 academic institutions worldwide. For more information, visit www.VPIphotonics.com